THE BENEFITS OF MICRO-NEEDLING
Skin Needling with a dermapen is a relatively simple way to target skin concerns such as wrinkles, scars, acne scars, cellulite or stretch marks. When the ultra-fine skin-needling pen passes over the skin it triggers the skin’s natural healing response, which includes stimulating new collagen production that assists a firmer, tighter looking skin with diminished lines and wrinkles. The pen needles are more like acupuncture needles in their size so their is no injury to the skin as you would see with a traditional needle.
FACIAL MICRO NEEDLING
The skin needling treatment stimulates a natural healing response and Shand uses LED treatments in conjunction with micro-needling to get even better results. The LED light treatments contain colours of light that are known to enhance recovery processes going on in the skin. Red and blue for example are very good for stimulating circulation and increasing metabolic activity.
When combined with your skin care products everything works together to create an effect that is greater than the sum of the individual parts.
WHEN DOES COLLAGEN PRODUCTION START?
Once the collagen production is stimulated you can continue to get improvements for up to 30-60 days. Collagen production will start soon after your treatment and within 4 weeks you should notice a visible difference.
SUMMARY OF THE BENEFITS:
- No skin damage
- No skin sensitivity to UV light so you do not have to avoid the sun like some other treatments
- Short healing time (no downtime)
RESULTS OF THE TREATMENT:
- Firmer and tighter skin
- Wrinkles, lines and folds will show improvement
- Improved skin texture and reduced pore size
- Reduced depth of indented acne or chicken pox scars
- Lightened pigmentation marks and brighter skin tone
- Improved appearance of stretch marks and cellulite (talk to us to include some Alpha Shape treatments)